Caritas Diocese of Salford Deaf Awareness TrainingCathedral Centre, 3 Ford Street, Salford, M3 6DP
Tuesday 11th October 2022
There are over 11 million people registered with a hearing loss in the UK today. This equates to one person in every six. Clinical Commissioning Groups document more than 12,500 BSL users in the Northwest of England. How many individuals does this equate to within your parish?
Join Caritas Diocese of Salford for free deaf awareness training delivered by Dr. Minna Moffatt-Feldman, Accessibility Coordinator on October 11th, 13:30-16:30pm at the Cathedral Centre, 3 Ford Street, Salford, M3 6DP.
Learning Outcomes –
To have an increased awareness of:
- The positive and negative language used to describe deafness.
- Different types of deaf people
- Organisational barriers associated with deafness
- Communication methods, support and repair strategies
- Technological aids to communication available
- Positive methods of communication and integration strategies
- Communication professionals and support roles
- Language differences and linguistic barriers
- What is, and what is not, British Sign Language
Places are limited. To book your place on the training, please email Minna, directly – email@example.com