Caritas Salford Deaf Awareness TrainingZoom
Tuesday 28th November 2023
There are over 11 million people registered with a hearing loss in the UK today. This equates to one person in every six. Clinical Commissioning Groups document more than 12,500 BSL users in the Northwest of England. How many individuals does this equate to in your parish community?
Join Caritas Salford for its next Deaf Awareness session to explore more about how we can better communicate and engage with deaf people in our parishes and schools.
The session will take place on Tuesday 28 November between 2pm and 5pm.
What will be in the session:
· The positive and negative language used to describe deafness.
· Different types of deaf people
· Technological aids to communication available
· Positive methods of communication and integration strategies
· Communication professionals and support roles
· Language differences and linguistic barriers
· What is, and what is not, British Sign Language
· a chance to ask questions without judgment
To find out more and book your place, please email email@example.com.